How to: Create your own Family Video Room using Azure Communication Services

MVP

If we learnt one thing in 2020, it’s how to use video conferencing to replace in-person meetings. Nowhere has this been more obvious (to me) than family meetups. Sure, I’m doing more conference calls for work, but I’ve always done conference calls for work. I’ve never done them for catching up with my extended family, though.

Skype, Teams, Zoom, HouseParty – I don’t know about you, but we’ve tried them all. They all have their advantages and disadvantages. As a developer, I was left thinking “I wonder if I could do something different: something that’s just right for our family, with just the stuff we need, and easy enough for everyone to use”.

Post continues at: How to: Create your own Family Video Room using Azure Communication Services without writing any cod... where I talk about how I used the Azure Communication Services sample code, with some modifications, to create a family video room, secured with a PIN.

The blog contains links to a GitHub repository you can use as a template to create your own family video room, powered by Azure Communication Services!

0 Replies