On Premise Data Gateway

Brass Contributor

I have a web application that calls some Logic App HTTPS endpoints to retrieve data from an on premise SQL server via the on-prem data gateway. I have noticed that when I hit the api first thing in the morning the initial call is extremely slow but subsequent calls are what I would expect. I dont see this with other endpoints that dont use a gateway. This leads me to believe that the gateway is "spinning down". Are there any settings to prevent this from happening or do I have to create a schedule of some sort to call it every so often to keep it fresh. Thanks.

2 Replies
I wonder if it is more the frontend - WebApp, one thing to check is 'Always On' is set on the WebApp, as the WebApps unload after 20 minutes of inactivity to conserve resources by default.

https://luke.geek.nz/azure/update-your-azure-webapp-to-be-always-on/

thanks for the reply but I should have clarified. My Web app that I speak of is a Vue.js application deployed to a storage account. In the Logic App that provides the API endpoint...the Execute Store procedure show the delay so I'm pretty sure its the on premise gateway.