Linux SLES 15.1 32 GLIBC.i686 support

Copper Contributor

I have installed a Linux SLES Server. I am trying to install a 32 GLIBC.i686 package and i cannot get it to stick.

Does the Azure DC support 32 bits packages?

1 Reply
Good morning trickytree,

Not an expert, but from a bit of research, it looks like Azure DC supports both 32-bit and 64-bit operating systems, including SLES 15.1. However, support for 32-bit packages may depend on the specific virtual machine size and operating system image you are using.

It's possible that your SLES server may not have the necessary repositories or dependencies to install the 32-bit GLIBC package. You can try checking if the repositories are enabled and if any additional packages or dependencies are required for the installation to work.

You can also check if the GLIBC package is available in the SLES package repositories. If it is not available, you may need to manually download and install the package or its dependencies.

It's worth noting that running 32-bit packages on a 64-bit operating system can sometimes be more challenging and may require additional configuration or libraries. If possible, it's generally recommended to use 64-bit packages whenever possible.

Kind regards,

Luke