Microsoft Secure Tech Accelerator
Apr 03 2024, 07:00 AM - 11:00 AM (PDT)
Microsoft Tech Community
SOLVED

Pre-Register users using AlternateEmailAddresses field for Azure SSPR

Copper Contributor

Hi Folks,

I have recently implemented SSPR in Azure and I would like to pre-register everyone in the system. I would like to populate the AlternateEmailAddresses field using the command below for 5000 people.

Set-MsolUser -UserPrincipalName user@domain.com -AlternateEmailAddresses @("email@domain.com")

I was wondering would anyone know how to script this in powershell using a csv file?  Any help would be appreciated. Maybe someone knows a better way of doing this? Again, thanks.

Regards,

Daithi

2 Replies
best response confirmed by Dave Carthy (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Assuming you have a blabla.csv with columns UserPrincipalName to designate the user and AltEmail to designate the alternate email address, try something like this:

Import-CSV blabla.csv | % { Set-MsolUser -UserPrincipalName $_.UserPrincipalName -AlternateEmailAddresses @($_.AltEmail) }

Hi Vasil,

Many thanks for that, it worked perfectly. I was close to getting it but it would have taken me ages to get it. Thanks again, I really appreciate the help.

Daithi

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Dave Carthy (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Assuming you have a blabla.csv with columns UserPrincipalName to designate the user and AltEmail to designate the alternate email address, try something like this:

Import-CSV blabla.csv | % { Set-MsolUser -UserPrincipalName $_.UserPrincipalName -AlternateEmailAddresses @($_.AltEmail) }

View solution in original post