Microsoft Secure Tech Accelerator
Apr 03 2024, 07:00 AM - 11:00 AM (PDT)
Microsoft Tech Community
SOLVED

unable to connect to Azure AD

Brass Contributor

How to connect to Azure AD with MFA enabled. We are using exchange hybrid environment. we have enabled MFA few days back.

when i login to Windows Azure Active Directory Module for Windows PowerShell
when i use the below syntax

Connect-MsolService

Connect-MsolService : This account is blocked. Contact your Tenant administrator.
At line:1 char:1
+ Connect-MsolService
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo         : OperationStopped: (:) [Connect-MsolService], MicrosoftOnlineExc
   eption
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : 0x80048823,Microsoft.Online.Administration.Automation.ConnectMs
   olService

------------------------------------------------

i have even connected to exchange online using MFA and typed the command Connect-MsolService, i am getting the same error

experts help me

4 Replies
best response confirmed by Rising Flight (Brass Contributor)
Solution
Drop to Powershell and do an update-module -name MSOnline this will update you to latest V1 AAD Powershell module. See if that works.
You mention that the account was MFA enabled a few days ago but have you tried to sign into the Azure admin portal since? It could be that the account hasn’t went through the enrollment process after you enabled MFA.

Same thoughts, seems that you have not registered your second authentication method yet.

I am facing the same issue.. I tried to update the module but it did not work for me.

Error Message :

Connect-MsolService : This account is blocked. Contact your Tenant administrator.
At line:1 char:1
+ Connect-MsolService
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : OperationStopped: (:) [Connect-MsolService], MicrosoftOnlineException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : 0x80048823,Microsoft.Online.Administration.Automation.ConnectMsolService

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Rising Flight (Brass Contributor)
Solution
Drop to Powershell and do an update-module -name MSOnline this will update you to latest V1 AAD Powershell module. See if that works.

View solution in original post