Microsoft Secure Tech Accelerator
Apr 03 2024, 07:00 AM - 11:00 AM (PDT)
Microsoft Tech Community

The new Azure AD Signin Experience is now in Public Preview

Community Manager

We’re continuing to make progress on converging the Azure AD and Microsoft account identity systems. One of the big steps on this journey is to redesign the sign-in UI so both systems look consistent. We're happy to announce that this updated design is in public preview!

What’s changing:

1. Redesign of Azure AD & Microsoft account sign-in experiences
  2. Pagination of the Azure AD sign-in page

080217_0505_ThenewAzure2.png

Read more about it in the Enterprise Mobility & Security blog.

28 Replies

I too am interested in Forcing the new experience.  The ability to switch is too confusing from a consistency standpoint for my users.  

In general I like the new signin experience. My device is AAD joined and I log in to the device using AAD credentials for one of the tenants. Here's a bit of an irritant:

1. Log in to the Office 365 portal.

2. Close the browser.

3. Reopen the browser and go to office.com

4. A login dialogue asking for the password for the previous user ID appears, but there's no way to go back to enter a different user ID (other than go back to the old experience).

New Sign-in Issue.png

Will this be fixed before GA?

Eric, hope this is an appropriate place to pose this question.  We use microsoft accounts for authentication on our commercial site.  We have noticed recently that the login has failed for some users and it seems that the "login.microsoftonline.com" is now returning the AAD account  instead of the microsoft work/school account and there is no way for the user to choose.  Does this have something to do with the changes you mention?

Hey Erick, we're investigating this and I'll provide an update when I have one. Thanks for reporting this.
We've found the issue that causes the account picker (which asks you to click on your username) to show up. We've lined up a fix for it and it will roll out before the new experience becomes default. Thanks for reporting this!
That was quick. Thanks for the response.

I very much wan to know the answer to this.  That badge at the bottom generates confusion for our end users.

@Matt Wade wrote:

Hi @Eric Starker, is there a way to force the new experience and remove the option to go back to the old one?

My team and I are launching our new SPO-based intranet at the end of the month and we don't need the added confusion of "which way do we log in?" popping into our change management plan.

I'd also rather they learn and know the new system as opposed to training on the old one then announcing the new one when it's the only option soon after our intranet launch.

Anything to simplify our process is appreciated.

aadlogin.png

Our change to remove the opt-out banner is rolling out right now. It should reach everyone globally by the end of this week.

Much appreciated, thank you!