Planing setup Azure Active Directory with GPO and NPS

Copper Contributor

Hi,

We don't planing to install any on-premised server in our company and we are existing users of office365 (E3 subscriptions).

I would like our laptops logon with Office 365 credentials and setup a Group Policy Management  service to controls the working environment of user accounts, restrict our staffs,  run user-type as non-administrator on the computer. is it possible to make it? is need to buy any CALs for this?

I also want to setup a NPS on cloud to setup Radius server to use certificate-based WIFI Authentication and log on with Office 365 credentials. Is it possible to make it too? Do i need to subscribe any additional application in Azure ?

~Rhys

1 Reply

Azure AD on its own does not offer GPOs. You can control some applications or device settings via built-in/add-in services, but there is no real replacement for GPOs if you need such. You might want to look into using Azure AD Directory services instead: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory-domain-services/overview