Microsoft Secure Tech Accelerator
Apr 03 2024, 07:00 AM - 11:00 AM (PDT)
Microsoft Tech Community

Office365 Guest Access

Brass Contributor

Hi

We have added users account from a external Office365 tenant into our Azure AD Office365 tenant.

The works fine and the Guest users can logon ok.

However were were expecting that setting like ther external guest users "Job title", "Department" etc.. would be pulled accross from the other Office365 tenant. However they don't seam to have been...

tmp.png

Anyone any ideas how to pull these details over?

Thanks

4 Replies
Hi! This is not a feature as of now. It is however in the backlog according to https://feedback.azure.com/forums/169401-azure-active-directory/suggestions/18836155-bring-through-e... so vote it into existence! :)

Regards,

Viktor

@Pn1995 

We had a client that needed to provision B2B users from a partner tenant that existed as AD objects in their local tenant - but needed to access resources and appear in gal as B2B users instead of local users - I populated these attributes via a call to the Graph API and used a patch call. This was done through a custom MIM connector.  

In my opinion, I don't believe that this feature will ever be released. What you are asking is to collect sensitive information that's in another tenant.

@Corsino 

This is true - in my situation there was tight integration required between the two tenants, since they were essentially part of the same org, in the process of eventual migration. I also have another client that needs to have ad-hoc B2B collaboration using a B2C application, in which case the B2B data utilized is that provided by the B2C application using self asserted info as well as data derived from an API internally.