Join windows server 2019 to Azure AD

Highlighted
New Contributor

Is there an option or work around to join windows server 2019 standard to azure AD for authentication ? 

9 Replies
Highlighted
Highlighted
Highlighted

@Craig635thank you i will give it a try 

Highlighted

@Jeremiah Kibanga 

My VM is on-prem running in Hyper-V, so that is of little help...

Highlighted

Yes there is. 

The articles linked previously are for Virtual Machines that have been created within Azure. 

I have managed to connect a Windows Server 2019 Standard machine, that is running as a VM on my local laptop, to Azure Active Directory.  

It has connected over the internet the same as windows 10 operating systems do. 

I can login with my Azure AD Account and manage it fully and apply policies to it. 

I would not recommend this. 

It involved getting the Microsoft Store Installed, at which point I could then login and associate my Work account to the device. 

I could then install the company portal. 

I can provide further details if required.

Capture.PNG

@Jeremiah Kibanga 

Highlighted

@AzureMurph 

Hi, 

What do you think about managing the Infra. servers (Windows 2019 DC) hosted in the DMZ via the AD Azure?

Thanks in advance. 

Highlighted

@AzureMurph 

Please do share futher details. I would like to have shares from my on-prem Windows server 2019 to where I could authenticate with my AAD credentials

Highlighted

Windows Server 2019 Datacentre can be Azure AD domain joined as part of the offering of it's license. 

Joining a server to Azure AD does not sound like it will be the correct solution to the issue you currently have. 

Do you have a Microsoft Support representative assigned to your company that you can work with, to advise and assist you?