Microsoft Secure Tech Accelerator
Apr 03 2024, 07:00 AM - 11:00 AM (PDT)
Microsoft Tech Community

How to Register iPhone and iPad device in Azure AD

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I want to know how to register iPhone and iPad in Azure AD. I can register android device in Azure AD after installing Authenticator app then open setting -> Account -> Add Work or school account.

But when I try to register iPhone or iPad no option Device Registration option find the in the settings.

Please NOTE: Only register the device not join or Enroll to Azure AD.

As per attached document, there is a Device Registration option in the iPhone settings after installing Authenticator app. but I can't find.

Please help and suggest how to Register IOS device in Azure AD

Thank you in advance.

Rocky

2 Replies

Microsoft authenticator app can also be used to register the device from the authenticator app settings.

Also, there certain actions that will make the device to register like using a conditional access that requires the device to authenticate (Require compliant device), also using company portal when enrolling to Intune or manually from the Auth App settings. It is also important to have the MS authenticator app as for iOS this is the only broker available at this moment. The broker is used to provide a Seamless SSO experience to users.  Hope this helps.