Microsoft Secure Tech Accelerator
Apr 03 2024, 07:00 AM - 11:00 AM (PDT)
Microsoft Tech Community
SOLVED

Credentials for Remote Management screen on Intune enrolled Macbook?

Brass Contributor

Hi all,

I've enrolled a Macbook in to Intune via Apple Business Manager. When I start up the Mac, it takes me to a Remote Management screen and asks for a username and password. I've tried both my Office 365 and Apple Business credentials, but neither work. Both are admin users.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

8 Replies

@Simon_L Did you ever sort this out. I'm having the exact same problem with a MacOS VM on a managed MacBook. Asks for credentials but doesn't matter what I enter it just comes back to asking again - not errors, warnings or anything. 

best response confirmed by Simon_L (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@Riegs

Yes, I did! It was caused by MFA. You can turn off MFA for the particular user, sign in, then turn it back on. But I didn't think that was worth the hassle, so I just used non-user enrolment.

@Simon_L Bugger!. I thought it might be MFA but I disabled it and tried again and it still didn't work. Must be some other issue or maybe I didn't wait long enough after disabling MFA. I might try it again with a longer wait before I start screaming. It's the first time I've tried to build a parallels VM on an enrolled Macbook so I've never experienced this before. 

Thanks for the quick reply.

@Riegs @Simon_L Were you able to find any solution for this?

ADE enrollment stuck at user login

When you turn on a ADE-managed device that is assigned an enrollment profile, the initial setup sticks after you enter credentials.

Cause: Multi-Factor authentication (MFA) is enabled. Currently MFA doesn't work during enrollment on ADE devices.

Resolution
Disable MFA, and then re-enroll the device.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/troubleshoot/mem/intune/troubleshoot-ios-enrollment-errors#ade-enro...

@Vadivelu B 

If it's a supervised device you may login with the supervised credentials.

if the device isn't supervised you may uncheck the Supervised tab while preparing your device From Apple Configurator.

@Riegs 

I used itarian integration with apple DEP and the MFA was the issue. I went so far as to make this **bleep** account and add this comment so future suckers don't spend 2 hours googling, hope this helps someone.

@Simon_L, what do you mean by non-user enrollment?  Do you mean set user affinity to off in the enrollment profile?  I have done that and I am STILL getting prompted for credentials.  Thoughts?

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Simon_L (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@Riegs

Yes, I did! It was caused by MFA. You can turn off MFA for the particular user, sign in, then turn it back on. But I didn't think that was worth the hassle, so I just used non-user enrolment.

View solution in original post