Microsoft Secure Tech Accelerator
Apr 03 2024, 07:00 AM - 11:00 AM (PDT)
Microsoft Tech Community

Can not join to MS Teams - self-service account sign-up by email validation is disabled

Copper Contributor

We are invited by another company to join their as guest to their MS Teams. When I like to join I see the following error:

We cannot create a self-service Azure AD account for you because rtdynamics.com has disabled self-service account sign-up by email validation. Ask [mydomain].com's admin to enable EmailVerified users or create an account for you.

It looks like it is only possible to enable "self-service account sign-up by email validation" by some Azure CLI commands. Azure portal does not allow me to use the console as we do not have a subscription.

Is there a way to disable Azure DE for our domain?

Any ideas?

2 Replies
It seems your org has a azure AAD instance but your account is not synced to it! I’ve had these problems before and I suggest calling MS if you say you don’t know your domain is tied to an instance!
I’ve seen people sign up for different services with the org mail , creating an instance! In other cases syncing their accounts to azure AAD solved the issue

Adam

o @adam deltinger 

Hi Adam, I seem to be having the same issue... how do I know / how can I sync my account to my AAD?