Microsoft Secure Tech Accelerator
Apr 03 2024, 07:00 AM - 11:00 AM (PDT)
Microsoft Tech Community

B2B with ADFS

Brass Contributor

Hi

We are using B2B, and have a customer with an ADFS solution.  I want to understand if it's possible, and how to have the B2B user authenticated by the ADFS hosted by the customer.

Thanks in advance :)

Joe

9 Replies

If your customer has a working AD FS infrastructrure integrated with Azure AD, then the users of that organization will automatically be authenticated by that AD FS when using Azure B2B. Nothing needs to be done to get that part working.

Joe - like Raymond says in the reply below, if the partner has an Azure AD that is federating authentication to their ADFS infrastructure, then there is nothing new to be done here.

If you are asking for the case where the partner has an ADFS instance, but do not have an Azure AD presence - watch this space. This is on our roadmap - not for GA - but post GA.

I know you'll want to know the timelines - so I'll say - we're working hard on it. We will let you know as soon as we have a high confidence ETA that you can plan for :)
Thanks for the replies - yes, the customer does not have an Azure AD and will insist on using the ADFS.

Hi Sarat - any update or timings on this subject?  We have customers queuing up who have an ADFS but no Azure AD, and wish to be federated for access to our Sharepoint Online.

Thanks

Joe

Hi Joe - we don't have concrete timelines to share yet. This is a key item on our roadmap, however, so stay tuned for updates on this!

any indicative timelines ?!

Hi Sarat,

Is this in place yet?  We have this scenario right now.

Thanks

Matthew 

@Sarat Subramaniam wrote:

Hi Joe - we don't have concrete timelines to share yet. This is a key item on our roadmap, however, so stay tuned for updates on this!

@Sarat Subramaniam wrote:

Any roadmap updates on this yet?

Any updates? Since Azure ACS is being deprecated we need to figure out another solution for our customers with ADFS but without Azure AD. For now we are forced to use a dual Azure AD B2B and B2C setup. Things would be much easier and manageable when we could just use Azure AD B2B.