Microsoft Secure Tech Accelerator
Apr 03 2024, 07:00 AM - 11:00 AM (PDT)
Microsoft Tech Community

Azure Connect - no recent password synchronizations

Copper Contributor

Hello

I manage quite a few Office 365 setups each using Azure connect synchronizing local AD to Office 365.  When something is wrong with synchronizations I get alerts which is good however if password synchronization stops working then no alerts occur.  This morning I had a client where password syncs were not working for over three weeks and I had no idea until logged onto Office 365 and noticed 'No recent synchronizations' next to the 'Password sync status'.  Last 'Last directory sync' was however working and showing up to date.

I fixed this by going through the setup wizard for Azure connect again and all started working however I would like to be alerted if there is a 'No recent password synchronization error'.

Any ideas how to do this?

1 Reply

Hi Darren,

There are a number of Event ID's related to Password synchronization that are written to the application event log on the server running Azure AD Connect. 

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2855271/how-to-troubleshoot-password-synchronization-when-u...

You could create a scheduled task to monitor the application event log on the Azure AD Connect server for events you want to monitor, and then attach a task to the events (e.g. send an email).