Microsoft Secure Tech Accelerator
Apr 03 2024, 07:00 AM - 11:00 AM (PDT)
Microsoft Tech Community
SOLVED

AD Connect hang by delta Import

Iron Contributor

Hello,

In my test system there is problem with ad-connect. It stocks by the step delta-import for days

ADSync.png

Tanks for your help

Stefan

9 Replies

If it's a test machine just restart it. Or you can just restart the AAD Sync service instead :)

It is still the same problem I restarted the server and the Service.

Check the event logs then, there might be some events there to give you a clue what's going on.

As @Vasil Michev said, the logs should tell you something hopefully! My experience is that it often is!
This could be an network issue as well!
What happens if you initiate a delta or full sync via powershell?
start-adsyncsynccycle -policytype delta/initial

I’ve heard other with this problem and got it resolved by changing the syncing service account as well

Full sync starts via PowerShell or with ad connects runs without any problems. Only the delta Import brings the problems

ADSync.png

I find three log entries:

Failure while prefetching import data. More details at: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=869679. Exception message: Failed even after 5 retries. Action: ImportV1, Network error occurrences = 0. Exception: The Windows Azure Active Directory service is temporarily unavailable. If you continue to see this issue, contact Technical Support.

Failure while importing entries from Windows Azure Active Directory. More details at: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=869679. Exception message: Failed even after 5 retries. Action: ImportV1, Network error occurrences = 0. Exception: The Windows Azure Active Directory service is temporarily unavailable. If you continue to see this issue, contact Technical Support.

The management agent "dev.onmicrosoft.com - AAD" failed on run profile "Delta Import" because the server encountered errors.

That does look like a connectivity issue, have you checked the steps in the article they are referencing? https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/hybrid/tshoot-connect-connectivity

Yes I had checkt it. 

Why is the network problem only in this one step and all other steps works fine.

best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution

This Powershell commands solved my problem

Set-ADSyncScheduler -SyncCycleEnabled $FALSE

Start-ADSyncSyncCycle -PolicyType Initial

Start-ADSyncSyncCycle -PolicyType Delta

Set-ADSyncScheduler -SyncCycleEnabled $TRUE

Interesting, so it simply needed a full sync. Cant say I've seen such behavior previously...

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution

This Powershell commands solved my problem

Set-ADSyncScheduler -SyncCycleEnabled $FALSE

Start-ADSyncSyncCycle -PolicyType Initial

Start-ADSyncSyncCycle -PolicyType Delta

Set-ADSyncScheduler -SyncCycleEnabled $TRUE

View solution in original post