Accepting invitation as a Gmail User - Password does not work

Copper Contributor

When accepting an invite as a gmail user I get redirected to sign-in. But shouldnt I be redirected to the page where I "Create Password" first?

It asks me for a password and the one attached to my Gmail obviously does not work. Can only add emails from microsoft-accounts or my organization.

I also wonder why Guest Users are stored as "user@live.com" if I invite "user@live.com", should they not be stored as "ext-user-live@mycompany.com"? As in the video here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/active-directory-b2b-what-is-azure-ad-b2b.

1 Reply

In our case, previous external users invited from SharePoint show up with the #EXT# after their external mail, with the " @ " replaced with underline as bobafett_live.com#EXT#@constoso.com.

Now Guest users invited from Azure show up as bobafett_live.com@onmicrosoft.contoso.com .

Which in my opinion looks awful and their is no way to change the invitations with the free (O365) version of Azure.  I even created a Support request to investigate.

BUT what an Admin can do is change the username in the O365 portal to use a semi-normal style of bobafett_live.com@contoso.com but the change has to be communicated to the external party outside of the Azure/O365 workflows because they cannot login after the change in the username until they are given the new one.