This document is intended to help narrow down the various types of Print Management scenarios and help answer some basic questions as well as help you gather information that we will need should you require our assistance.
Scoping the Issue:
What type of Printer Management issue are you facing?
· Are you looking for tools that can help you manage your printers?
· Is a tool you are already using not producing the expected result?
· Do you need help with a specific scenario? (e.g. Task Delegation)
In all instances, please collect either an
with the General, Internet and Networking, Business Networks and Server Components diagnostics, or a Performance-oriented MSDT manifest.
Prior to opening a case, having the following information would be helpful for the Support Engineer.
· A brief summary of the issue. (e.g. Unable to manage print queues unless an Administrator)
· Does this issue affect the Server, the client or both?
· What Operating System and Service Pack is in use?
· What tools are being used in your specific scenario? (e.g. Print Management Console)
Troubleshooting / Resolution:
The information listed below may help you with your specific issue.
940724 Members of the Power Users group and of the Print Operators group cannot install local printers on a Windows Server 2003-based member server
954377 You cannot view all the print servers in the Print Management console on a Windows Vista-based computer
259574 Print Operators Members Cannot Add Printer Driver on Domain Controller
Using Default Group Accounts
Print Management Step-by-Step Guide
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.