Welcome to the Microsoft Edge Insiders community

Microsoft

Hello Microsoft Edge Insiders!

Ever since we first announced in December that Microsoft Edge was going to adopt the Chromium open source project for our desktop browser, we’ve been excited to begin launching our Insider community. The time has finally come, and everyone can try out the new version of the browser right now!

listening-graphic1.png
We want to use this opportunity to start building a close relationship with all of you. Going beyond collecting comments and reviews, we’re eager to listen and engage in active conversations with you. We believe your collective voices will help us build a better Microsoft Edge, and that’s our vision for this community.

With our recent adoption of Chromium, Microsoft Edge gets a chance to grow beyond its initial home on Windows 10. As we’ve reflected on the best ways to enable a new listening system to support other versions of Windows and platforms, we’ve realized that our goals should be based on what we want as customers, not as engineers or designers.

What would such a system look like? That’s where all of you come in. Based on the feedback you’ve graciously given us over the past few years, we know it’s important to be able to quickly and easily send us problems or suggestions from directly within the browser. You also want a way to engage meaningfully and deeply with the developers, as well as a way to get immediate support when you run into a problem that you can’t fix on your own.

Other Insider programs at Microsoft have provided good models for us to follow for our new community. However, the Microsoft Edge Insider community has one important difference: you don’t need to sign up. Just downloading and using the Microsoft Edge Canary, Dev, or Beta channels is enough.

We hope that this relationship can be beneficial for both parties. For you, this isn’t just about being a member of an active group of fellow browser enthusiasts. You also get: a chance to see new features before all the other Microsoft Edge users; an in-depth understanding of how and why we built them, a direct channel of communication with the engineers responsible for them, and the chance to critique them and suggest what we should build next. We at Microsoft get valuable early feedback, your verbal and written insights about what you do and don't like about a given feature or approach, which will help us steer the product in the right direction. The ability to dig deeper and understand the why behind the what, while learning from a large and diverse worldwide audience. Finally, through our continuing conversations, we hope Insiders will invite others in their own communities to come and join in our conversation.

welcome-graphic2.pngSo, what can you expect from us? As our new features start making their way into the builds, our goal is to publish at least one new article every other week to inform and encourage active discussions on the latest developments in the Insider channels. We are devoting some of our time to reading and responding to every thread, and you can expect direct interaction from the Microsoft Edge team that promotes the deepest, most enlightening discussions.

We’re fully committed to building an open, honest and respectful community of awesome Insiders like you. We hope you’ll join our discussions or start your own today.
Welcome to our community. We can’t wait to build a great Edge community together!

-The Microsoft Edge Team-

313 Replies

@DougGYVR 

Hi Doug,

In case you can't tell I'm not Elliot.  He may have a better answer, but...

You are not missing anything, it's Add notes & Share that are missing.  There are a few other things "Coming Soon".  Nearly all of us feel the same as you about this particular item including, that it bloody well needs to appear. :folded_hands: to the computer gods & goddesses OR say something :megaphone: to the Edge C Team via Mr. Smiley :)

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg

To get Send to OneNote you can unlock the extension store and get the Chrome extension that's the OneNote clipper (but it's very disappointing that you have to - vote on the OneNote uservoice because it's that team not Edge)

@Mary Branscombe 

Mary,

I went via OneNote Feedback that took me to Feedback Hub where I put my 2cents as a suggestion.  That should do the trick.  Are you suggesting an even better location?

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg

@Drew1903the UserVoice site is best for suggestions - I put a clipper request in that people can vote up

https://onenote.uservoice.com/forums/328602-onenote-clipper-or-me-onenote-com/suggestions/37516861-p... 

@Mary Branscombe 

Mary, thanks for the link.  I put my 2 cents in there, as well.

BTW, y'all can call me by my name, please.  Notes to @ Drew1903, that feels, sounds just too weird. Thanks :smiling_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg

@-scien- @Elliot Kirk  another +1 for bringing back Cast to Media Device supporting DLNA devices again (such as the Xbox1 and most TV's).

I thought it may be possible with new Edge Chrome by installing the vGet extension from the store which works, but when trying to add the vGet app it fails as not supported by Edge.

Is there possibility to add back DLNA support natively to this new Edge or properly via a Microsoft Extension?

Just downloaded the Canary channel and went straight to extensions. Installed React dev tools and (my personal fav required by any browser I use) Octotree extension. It installed well and so I explored the settings and imported data from Firefox.
WOW. what a fast browser. I am really digging the how favorites are handled now as well. A huge improvement over Edge.
The interface is great and easy to use.
I am really excited to see how this project turns out. I would love to drop Firefox and go all into Edge. In the past, extensions are what has prevented me from doing that.
Once the new browser can sync my config across computers I believe I can make the switch.
Very happy with how things are developing. Started cautiously with Dev channel but now using Canary as my sole browser. Some small issues which will probably be solves sonn such as Translator does not always work and I would like a native 'Save as mht' rather than use Chrome extension. Being able tsavr Credit/Debit Card details is very useful but need to be also able to delete them.
Slightly off topic, but what are the chances of having a summary of changes with each release? Or, is it there and I'm just not seeing it?

@Dan_AI4GK 

Dan, instead of trying to direct you to it...  I have Copy/Pasted it here for the latest Dev Build.

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg

Hello insiders, today we released build 76.0.159.0 to the Microsoft Edge Dev Channel. Some of the fixes and improvements in this build are in the change summary below

New features and improvements:

• Added a "Copy download link" option to the menu for a downloaded item
  • The context menu for a canceled download no longer shows a list of disabled items, and instead shows only "Copy download link"
  • Added a "Save as" option to the toolbar in the PDF viewer
  • The "Add to dictionary" context menu option for a misspelled word now has an icon
  • For quick links on the new tab page, if there is no site icon available we now show an icon created from the first letter of the site
  • Increased the size of some text on the user profile flyout for readability
  • When a tab is at minimum width and only shows the close button, that close button is now centered in the tab
  • In the Apps submenu, an option now reads "Install this site as an app" instead of showing a really long menu item name that contained the title of the current site
  • When using the keyboard to move through tabs, you can now press enter and not just space to switch tab

Bug fixes:

• The send feedback dialog no longer spellchecks URLs and email addresses
  • Fixed a bug where Microsoft Edge may crash after it was accessed through a remote desktop session
  • Fixed a crash when navigating back to history search results
  • Fixed a crash related to tooltips that would occur in a number of different scenarios
  • Fixed a visual formatting problem with the warning about a dangerous file download
  • Fixed a bug in the DevTools Performance tab where the checkboxes in the event log viewer overlapped with the content of the adjacent pane
  • New tab page settings no longer show up in settings search
  • Fixed a bug with tree views (such as the one seen when adding a new favorites folder) were showing black-on-dark-grey icons in dark theme
  • The icon for the new tab page is no longer black on dark grey in dark mode
Thanks, Drew. I did see that in the Dev build, but I haven't found it in Canary.

@Dan_AI4GK 

Dan,

I do not think we see any for Canary & probably because it has daily Updates/Builds.  I would only expect them for the weekly Devs.  Just my thought, don't quote me.

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg

Hello Drew,

I won't quote you, :nerd_face::smiling_face_with_smiling_eyes: but I had the same thought. I was thinking that perhaps I could be a thorn in someone's side. :face_with_tears_of_joy:

@Elliot Kirk  and team.

I have the canary build on my Windows 10 SB2. But I am not able to sync my bookmarks via my Edge on iOS, that will show up on both devices. Am I missing something?.

Thank you.

Regards,

Pinaki

Run On !may the future be brighter than it looks at the moment

@Elliot Kirk 

I am not sure this is the right place to post a question.  I tried but could not find any forum dedicated to Chromium Edge. 

I started to use Chromium Edge on May 16 when the classic Edge stopped working (it could not load Twitter page).  The experience had been great until today when I am no longer able to open Chromium Edge.  

I am wondering if anyone could offer a tip on how to diagnose this or the best place to post such question?

I have restarted my computer twice to no avail.

Edge (Chromium) is not starting for me either after the latest update. :S

I click the icon on the taskbar and even tried searching for it in the start menu and launching from there, but none of them open and the process is not even running in Task Manager.

@Justin Philip   Exactly the same here.

The only way to open it is click New InPrivate Window, but I do not know how to switch to a normal window from a InPrivate window.

I have cleared cache twice.  

Please give attention to touch sensitive devices like the Surface Pro. Slightly larger buttons will help, automated repositioning of the windows for the onscreen keyboard and how to proceed when there is a physical key missing (like no escape button because there is no physical keyboard plugged in).