New Feature Roadmap now up on the What's Next page of the Microsoft Edge Insider site

Microsoft

Hi Insiders! About a year ago we did one of our quarterly surveys and on it was a question asking what changes you would like to see on the Microsoft Edge Insider forums. The top two answers were better release notes and a roadmap of features coming soon to the browser. We have been working on improving the release notes and will continue to investigate changes that we can make to be more immediate and descriptive. For the roadmap, we are happy to announce that in addition to the Enterprise focused roadmap we have revamped the What’s Next page on our insider website.

screenshot of Feature Roadmap from Microsoft Edge Insider websitescreenshot of Feature Roadmap from Microsoft Edge Insider website

This revamp includes a roadmap, in the same vein as the enterprise roadmap, but including almost all the upcoming features for Microsoft Edge. We published the first set of items there before the end of the year and will be updating with each Beta release as they come out. We hope that this roadmap will help you feel more informed on how we are evolving our browser. As with all our work, your comments and suggestions are critical to help us hone our , so please let us know what you like and/or would like to see changed in the comments below.

Thanks,

Elliot Kirk

25 Replies

@HotCakeX 

you where saying "if you are in a restricted environment, you must have a more important job to attend to rather than reading ebooks on Epub format."

And I answered that it's not about books but corp documents. Something that is a very important part of our users work

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to thank you all for the great discussions on this topic, as well as all of the passion around Microsoft Edge in general.  I will be working to keep this roadmap up to date and as accurate as possible. You are welcome to reach out whenever you have an idea that you think will make this roadmap more helpful for this community.

Thanks,

Elliot

@matsmcp 

@matsmcp wrote:

@HotCakeX 

you where saying "if you are in a restricted environment, you must have a more important job to attend to rather than reading ebooks on Epub format."

And I answered that it's not about books but corp documents. Something that is a very important part of our users work

Yeah i replied to you, I was talking to that other "anonymous" user

@Elliot Kirk 

Hi,

I wanted to ask about the Ideas section that this community was supposed to receive, is it still going to happen?

Thank you for this question, @HotCakeX. To be honest I don't know when it will show up. It is definitely on our backlog though. 

Thanks - Elliot

Thanks for sharing.

Necessary and important updates!