SOLVED

Learn how to solve math problems with Math Solver in Microsoft Edge

Microsoft

We are excited to announce that you can now use Math Solver in Microsoft Edge (version 91 or higher) to get help with a wide range of mathematical concepts–from elementary arithmetic and quadratic equations to calculus and statistics.

Math Solver in Microsoft Edge lets you to take picture of a math problem – be it handwritten or printed – and then provides an instant solution with step-by-step instructions to help you learn how to reach the solution on your own. It also comes ready with a mathematical keyboard so you can easily type math problems instead of hunting around a traditional keyboard for the characters you need. That’s not all. After solving your problem, Math Solver provides many options to continue learning with additional materials such as quizzes, worksheets, and video tutorials.            

Read on to learn how Microsoft Math Solver in Edge can help with your homework and help you gain confidence in a variety of concepts with.

Step 1: Open Math Solver in Edge

Use the Settings and more menu (...) in the top right corner of the browser, open More Tools and select Math Solver

MS11.png

Step 2: Select an equation

After opening Math Solver, you can use the selection tool to capture the math equation you want to solve. Make any adjustments to the selection window to make sure that your math problem is covered completely, and no other text is captured.

MS33.png

Alternatively, there is a section to type the problem statement by using the digital keyboard provided in the tool.

MS3.png

Step 3: Get solution and step-by-step guidance

After selecting the equation, click ‘Solve’ to get solution. provides instant solutions and goes a step beyond, with step-by-step guidance using various problem-solving methods. 

To view steps, select the problem-solving method and click ‘Show solution steps’

MS44.png

Step 4: Visualize the solution with interactive graphs 

Understanding equations becomes simpler with graphs. Scroll the math pane to view the graphs for your equation.

Step 5: Reinforce learning with additional resources

Math Solver also provides additional learning resources, such as video tutorials and similar worksheets, making it easier for students to dive deep into a topic and master it.

Click on ‘Show more learning content’ to get these additional learning resources. It’ll open Math Solver in a new tab page.

MS22.png

Send us feedback

We are excited for you to try this Edge feature with your kids, students or anyone who needs help in learning math. Please send us feedback if something isn’t working right or if there is anything you’d like to see added. We are listening! You can either leave us a Twitter post using #EdgeEDU, #EdgeMathSolver or within Edge go to “…” menu > Help and feedback > Send feedback to provide feedback. 

Thanks for being part of this early preview! We look forward to hearing your feedback.

- The Microsoft Edge Product team

66 Replies

@SanttuK Thanks for you long article.

I am a programmer. Although I do not do PC support, I understand the trouble for different configuration very well.

BUT...it is irrelevant if "Maths" should be a "feature" or "extension" if you refer a controlled/standard setup in school/corporation. The IT administrator can also install "Maths as extension" in their standard image and deploy.

Hey, so I just started to use Math Solver and I'm having a lot of fun. I came across a problem that was too wordy for the Math Solver. It goes: find the distance between , A(5, -3) and B(2,1)
The website has a 'solve' button that shows the work. So I tried manually typing one of the steps in the solution into the calculator, but I can't figure out how to type SUBSCRIPTS. Does anyone know how I can type a subscript in manually on the calculator?? Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance!

@Psykoshr00m Type an underscore. Nothing will be displayed, but the characters you type afterwards will be subscripted. To exit the subscript area, press the right arrow.

i like it just keep it up nomatter what they say,im not gonna bother my parents anymore becouse of this.

@Shahina why would you remove such a great feature it was so useful and helpful 

I honestly never even used it.

The feature itself is available of course in here: https://mathsolver.microsoft.com/en

You can use Bing Chat AI too, so much better.