Introducing Shopping with Microsoft Edge

Microsoft

Holiday season is quickly approaching and this year many of us will be shopping online more than ever before. Today, we’re excited to share some new features built into Microsoft Edge that we hope will help you save time and money these holidays.

Coupons are a great way to save money, but they often require a lot of work to find the right ones at the right time. That’s why we’re excited to announce our new coupons feature in Microsoft Edge (starting in build 86.0.622.61), which we hope will make it faster and easier to save money with built-in coupons. When you visit a retailer site, Microsoft Edge will alert you if there are any coupons available for that site. You can view the list of coupons at any time by clicking on the blue shopping tag in the address bar. At checkout, you can copy and paste a code or Microsoft Edge can automatically try them all to determine which one will save you the most. 

markshelton_0-1604976438841.png

Last month, we unveiled price comparison in Collections to help you find the best price online. Now we’re launching our next step, a proactive price comparison experience that meets you where you shop. When you’re shopping, Microsoft Edge will check prices at competing retailers to let you know if a lower price is available elsewhere. Click the blue price tag to see a list of prices along with direct links to the product page on those sites. If you already have the lowest price, Microsoft Edge will let you know too, saving your time and energy. Price comparisons is now rolling out in Insider channels.

MVP - Comparisons - PDP 1.2.png

This is just the beginning for shopping experiences on Microsoft Edge, and we’d love to hear what you think of them so far! Please send us feedback (“…” menu > Help and feedback > Send feedback) if something isn’t working right. If you’d like to manage your settings, go to edge://settings/privacy and look for “Save time and money with Shopping in Microsoft Edge”. And if there’s a shopping feature you’d like to see added to Microsoft Edge, we’re excited to hear that too.

- Mark Shelton, Program Manager, Microsoft Edge

83 Replies
Mark, I manage an e-commerce site and do not wish Edge Shopping to show any of my potential customers other competitors prices for the products I am trying to sell. How do I stop Microsoft from doing this?
Agreed. I pay a lot of money for a lot of Microsoft products used by my business. I also go to a lot of expense and effort to bring traffic to my site. I don't need my business partner stabbing me in the back by sending shoppers elsewhere while they are on my site. Microsoft shouldn't be engaged so proactively in this kind of activity.

@calbatross I think everyone is wasting their time on this thread. @markshelton hasn't responded to anyone's concerns or comments for 16 months, and even then it was only to people offering praise and wanting more features, rather than controls and accountability. His actions aren't painting @microsoft in a very good or considerate light

@markshelton Hi do you know how we can add discount codes to the extension. For a competitor like Honey you can add codes. so others can use and it keeps them up to date I would say. 

I just wanted to know if there is a process to add codes? thanks