Introducing Buy now, pay later in Microsoft Edge

Microsoft

“Buy now, pay later,” or BNPL, lets shoppers break their purchases into equal installment payments, often interest-free, which can allow shoppers to get their purchase upfront, instead of having to wait until it’s paid in full.

Usually, BNPL is offered in specific ecommerce websites like Target, Walmart. But now, Microsoft partners with 3rd party Zip (previously Quadpay) to offer a BNPL payment option at browser level. It means any purchase between $35 - $1,000 you make through Microsoft Edge can be split into 4 installments over 6 weeks.

On top of coverage, we also aim to 1) meet you where you are. 2) simplify the application process.

Meet you where you are:

When you are in checkout page, you can find BNPL option right when you enter credit card number

mehua_0-1637004947434.png

For some shoppers, you can also find BNPL option right when you enter checkout page.

mehua_1-1637004947447.png

Simplify application process:

Applying BNPL could take time, you need to sign in with zip every single time. With BNPL in Edge, you can simply link your Microsoft account with your zip account with one click and then bypass sign in from Zip side. It can expedite the application process for you.

mehua_2-1637004947477.png

BNPL is currently available in Microsoft Edge Canary and Dev channels and will be available by default to all users in Microsoft Edge release 96. If you experience any issue while using this feature, please let us know through Microsoft Edge by pressing Shift+Alt+I on a Windows device or going to Settings and more … > Help and feedback > Send feedback.

You can read more on the FAQ support article. Please also join us here on the Microsoft Edge Insider forums or Twitter to discuss your experience or send us your feedback through the browser! We hope you enjoy this exciting new feature and look forward to hearing from you!

263 Replies
Focus on browsing feature, optimize CPU/Ram consuming, that's the reason I changed from Firefox/Chrome to Edge, not the stupid add-on.
This is a poor decision that will only lead to bad press and people being further pressured into debt. If it was an optional feature that was an extension rather than baked right in, more people would be fine with it.
Can anyone in the development channel in the USA check to see if this is still in settings? I would actually like to stick with Edge, but won't if this comes out for everyone.

@mehua It was my pleasure having this configuration being easy to find what necessary to shop for efficiency. Thanks