Interested in becoming a mobile tester for our mobile team?

Microsoft

Dear Users,  

We are excited to announce a special opportunity for you: joining our Microsoft Edge Beta testing program for iOS and Android! This is your chance to work with us and share your thoughts on our app. As a beta tester, you'll be one of the first to experience new features and improvements. Don't miss out on this chance to help us improve our app.  

Update: We are thrilled by the overwhelming response to our Microsoft Edge Beta channel for iOS program. Unfortunately, we have reached the maximum number of slots for now and we are no longer accepting new applications. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and we appreciate your interest in our app. We will announce new beta slots for iOS in the future, so please stay tuned for more updates.

Eric_E_0-1680278082044.png

Android https://app.adjust.com/hjogad5

27 Replies
Does this mean no more Canary/Dev on Android and iOS?

How do I get a redeem code for this?  @Eric_E 

@hipcoolchic You have to just scan the above image :) 

I don’t have a redeem code, I’ve signed up for insiders, but I also need correct phone link app version for PC. Some steps to setting all this up and using it would help?

@hipcoolchic Ok, all i did was signed up by scanning the above image. It granted me the access to beta. 

Ok, downloaded and installed. I normally use Canary so which gets the newest test features? Beta or Canary?

Dennis5mile
Thank you for sharing
Can you please explain what this means for Canary and Dev versions on Android?

@Eric_E I received the test flight user email and a link to try out the new mobile phone link (don’t see a redeem code?), but I believe I still need the updated version of Phone Link for any of it to work (and I don’t have a true step by step, just 10 different bookmarks with advice on how to use).  Any advice for getting the correct version of PhoneLink and implementing the test?  I did install edge as main browser on PC and phone, and TestFlight on my phone, and signed up for the free version of Azure (but haven’t subjected myself to the Azure tutorials just yet LOL…).  Help?  🫣

The Dev and Canary versions are available on Android. Joining our test won’t affect their accounts on the Dev, Canary, or Stable versions. For iOS users, we offer the Beta version for testing purposes.
The Canary version may experience crashes. We recommend using the Beta version for a more stable experience with new features.

Hi @Eric_E, I have the Beta version already and Edge set as default browser on mobile and PC, but I can't uninstall or update the PC software for PhoneLink to allow the test version of PhoneLink to work?  The preview will require Phone Link app version 1.23012.169.0 for my PC - I can't get the version updated because only the older version is available in the Microsoft store online.  Also the TestFlight app on my phone requires a redeem code to work, but I can't figure out how I would obtain that either?  I have the inviitation link to preview, however, and my PC is set to Beta, PC OS is upgraded to 11, and OS on iphone is correct as well.

Screenshot 2023-03-23 115634.pngScreenshot 2023-03-23 114732.png

@hipcoolchic for any issues with Phone Link, this forum may not be the best place to get help. Instead, you should create a Windows thread on Answers or contact Windows support from the Get Help app to get assistance with this app. They will be able to troubleshoot your problem and provide you with the best solution.

@hipcoolchic Have you tried scanning the QR code or visiting https://testflight.apple.com/join/JkU2rh21 link from your phone to access Microsoft Edge Beta from the Testflight app?

@Eric_E 

Hi Eric,
Yes, I know, I have been using Canary since it first came out and Dev when Canary fails for the PC and Mobile.   I actually love Canary and use them for both Mobile and PC.   I love testing new features before they go anywhere else to the other test versions.. i.e. Dev and Beta.  I was wondering if there was going to be a change as to which version gets the newest test features first.  Canary, Dev or Beta.... 

Thanks

Dennis5mile

@Eric_E 

I have been using all versions on Android from Canary to Production. When I scanned the barcode the other day, it simply took me to the beta version in the Google Play store. I have not received any emails. Is this test flight something different? Should I stop using Canary and start using beta?

Thanks @Eric_E, in the meantime, how could I get a redeem code for the TestFlight Mobile App?  I downloaded that from the scan above and I have the iOS preview link in my e-mail otherwise.  Do I just need to click it for it to activate TestFlight on my mobile phone, from my mobile phone? 

When I try the iOS address it tells me the beta is full.

@Eric_E 

Possible to get an answer to my question?