Switch Outlook App from institutional to private license

Copper Contributor

Dear Azure community,

The MS Windows Support colleagues passed on my ticket to the Azure team to resolve the following issue:

I was using my Outlook with a university MS account / my university email adress during my studies at that university. Now I graduated and my university email account is deactivated, so I tired to switch Outlook to my Office Family license that I had purchased and that is active - without success. All other Office Apps (Word, Excel, etc.) work just fine, but Outlook does not, at all, it does not recognize the email adress linked to my Office Family license. 

The MS Windows support team already de- and reinstalled Office, and deleted the university registration account from my system, but could not resolve the issue (chat time with the Windows Support team on this issue was 2,5h).

They asked me to contact the Azure community / experts  at https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/azure/ct-p/Azure and also passed my ticket on to the MS Azure team.

I also tried the Office desktop clients on Q&A forum and did the following:

1.  Search CMD, right-click the Command Prompt and run as administrator. Then copy and paste the command below in it, click Enter at last:
    cscript.exe "%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Office\Office16\ospp.vbs" /dstatus
    ++++In the script, there were no keys detected++++

2. Go to Credential Manager > Windows Credentials, remove the credentials related to Office includes Outlook.
    Then restart Outlook and sign into your new licensed account to have a check.
    ++++I did not find any Office credentials (of any sorts) checking in the Credentials Manager. I created one with the valid personal email account connected to my current Office Family License and tried to open Outlook afterwards - but Outlook did not open.++++

3. Unlink your university account from Windows Settings > Accounts > Email & accounts and Accessing Work or School
    ++++Yes, all school / work accounts were deleted already++++

Help is greatly appreciated! Thanks.

0 Replies