Need help in selecting best Azure service for my ASP.NET e-learning website?

Copper Contributor
I have an e-learning website (https://www.sedc.com.au/) written using ASP.NET MVC and my website has login, registration, user panel, etc. it also has one SQL database with several tables for users, course details etc. all my videos are saved on Microsoft Azure blob storage.
Currently I am on a shared windows plan with a hosting company with maximum CPU usage of 250MB, when couple of my students login and browse or watch the courses, my website reaches the CPU usage limit and shows 503 error (which means my host provider temporary blocked my access and I need to manually reset the CPU cache through cPanel).

I have the following questions:

1- I have been looking at Microsoft Azure website and wanted to check which plan is suitable for my website?(e.g cloud service, app service, etc...)
2- What would be the estimated monthly cost if I want to host my ASP.net MVC website on Azure?
3- If I go for the "pay as you" plan, am I allowed to use the CPU memory as I need and pay for what I use?
4- While I have a SQL database, shall I get a separate plan for the DB?
5- With Microsoft Azure will I get 24/7 support like other host providers in case I need urgent support?

Thanks,
Mehdi

1 Reply