deployment error

Copper Contributor
hello every one

please any azure experienced developer in the house??

i need help deploying an asp.net core mvc application on azure

i get this error message which i have been trying to debug for  while now with no solution yet

below is the error message

Template deployment failed. Deployment operation statuses: Failed: /subscriptions/bbbe13c0-a220-4286-b500-b9929f2f6d60/resource
Groups/BethanysPieShop20/deployments/website_deployment_20220107101611 (exception)
error (SubscriptionIsOverQuotaForSku): This region has quota of 0 instances for your subscription. Try selecting different region or SKU.
the only thing i can discover from the error message is that its complaining about my location, please how do i solve this thanks
6 Replies
Have you got any existing apps deployed in the same subscription? Each Azure subscription has a quota limiting the number of each type of resource that can be deployed. Details on checking quota limits can be found here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/networking/check-usage-against-limits

As the error suggests, you can potentially work round this by choosing a different SKU (VM/ App size) or by changing region, or by requesting a quota increase.

Hi Chris, no I haven't deployed any app on the subscription, this is the first app I want to deploy,

please can we have a zoom or teams session so you show me how to go around it, I have tried changing the vm/region but it's still flagging the same error message.

Thanks.

Sorry, I'm not able to do a zoom/teams session, if you want that level of support then your best bet is to open a support request with Microsoft through the Azure Portal.

Which VM size and Region are you trying to use?
am using the (US SOUTH CENTRAL REGION) region
In addition to the quota check I mentioned above it's worth checking the VM size you are using is available in that region.
https://azure.microsoft.com/en-gb/global-infrastructure/services/?regions=us-south-central,us-east&p... shows that Dasv5 and Dadsv5 (for example) aren't available in US South Central.
Okay, thanks a lot for your assistance Chris, I really appreciate