which stack for MAUI IOS/Android apps with offline support to backend Web App / App API?

Copper Contributor

Which set of Microsoft tecnologies would be recommended for this?

* System that has a Web Interface, as well as MAUI cross platform IOS/Android app. 

* Central database for Web Interface (can be ASP .NET API) which IOS/Android apps can sync to

* IOS/Android apps have offline capability with Sqlite (using EF Core), but can elect to "sync" to the backend API/database when available

* Ideally would be nice for some views in the Website to share components with MAUI mobile apps, perhaps through the Blazor Hybrid approach

Questions:

Q1 - Is there an automated way of handling the "sync" from the MAUI mobile apps back to the backend database?   I see there is a "Offline data sync is an SDK feature of Azure Mobile Apps" available, however I am not sure this would be appropriate/work if I'm trying to sync the database back to my system backend database (also used directly by the web application)?   

Q2 - Any other advice / tips.   My thoughts were to use the following perhaps:

* ASP .NET API with database (SQL server)

* Blazor Web App

* MAUI cross platform mobile apps (IOS/Android) [perhaps with Blazor Hybrid to share views?]

* [mainly not sure about any good MS approaches to handle the mobile app offline/sync aspect that does fit into this mix]

0 Replies