SOLVED

MAUI XAML "in-app toolbar" / "xaml inspector" no longer visible

Copper Contributor

Sorry for using some made up term but I have no idea what this little menu is called. So I referred to it as "xaml Inspector"

nickpateman_0-1661430752104.png

I have 2 systems opening the same project, one is 17.3 preview 6 and the other is 17.3.2.

On the preview version I can see this menu when I debug my MAUI app in Windows. I cannot see it on the 17.3.2 release, which seems to also be part of a wider debugging issue that I'm experiencing.

Any idea how to fix this? Maybe I have changed a setting somewhere but am not aware of what.

Thanks in advance!

2 Replies
best response confirmed by nickpateman (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi @nickpateman,

Thanks for posting your issue here.

However this platform is used for how-to discussions and sharing best practices for building any app with .NET.Since your issue is a technical question, welcome to post it in Microsoft Q&A forum, the support team and communities on Microsoft Q&A will help you for any technical questions.
Besides, it will be appreciated if you can share it here once you post this technical question Microsoft Q&A.
Best Regards,
Lan Huang

In reading over the recent several months, I've come to approach MAUI only to peripherally attend to it, dabbling with it in practice simple app scenarios. Otherwise, I am holding to old reliable Universal Windows Platform for production work. For one, the common code base is overrated, as differences should exist between desktop and mobile, to better each at its own domain, rather than work at least common denominator. If you're trying to make progress toward a store app, then I advise returning to UWP or learning UWP.

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/apps/design/

That link is a great link to UWP documentation on controls and ways, though the Microsoft headers and menus on Doc sites is now terrible about hiding away UWP docs in obscure and unfindable places.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by nickpateman (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi @nickpateman,

Thanks for posting your issue here.

However this platform is used for how-to discussions and sharing best practices for building any app with .NET.Since your issue is a technical question, welcome to post it in Microsoft Q&A forum, the support team and communities on Microsoft Q&A will help you for any technical questions.
Besides, it will be appreciated if you can share it here once you post this technical question Microsoft Q&A.
Best Regards,
Lan Huang

View solution in original post