how does MAUI handle cross-platform gesture recognition

Copper Contributor

specifically how is it implemented for each platform

and where can i find the code for each platform in regards to this gesture recognition

for example, for MacOS i assume there would be some custom NSView implementation with overrides for the following

TouchesBeganWithEvent

TouchesMovedWithEvent

TouchesEndedWithEvent

TouchesCancelledWithEvent

and for android i assume there would be similar with custom View implementation and OnTouchEvent method override

i do not know for windows nor linux as i have not experimented with those platforms yet

specifically i assume the gesture API MAUI provides is truely cross-platform and has no platform-dependant behavioural differences (with some exceptions for certain gestures

for example

a mouse or stylus CANNOT perform a two-finger scroll gesture however would be implemented via the scroll-wheel if present on the mouse

on a mobile-device a two-finger scroll gesture does not make sense since it is usually just one finger for scrolling

on a trackpad two-finger scrolling makes sense

however regardless of HOW it is implemented, the api would provide a platform-independant way of tracking how much the user has scrolled, possibly accounting for some sensitivity setting the user can modify at will similar to pointer-acceleration settings for large and small monitors and high dpi and low dpi monitors

2 Replies
How does MAUI handle cross-platform gesture recognition? MAUI is a cross-platform gesture recognition library that allows developers to create gesture-based interactions in their apps. It supports both iOS and Android and allows developers to create interactions that work on both platforms simultaneously. One of the benefits of using MAUI is that it allows developers to create gestures that are specific to their app. For example, a developer could create a gesture that is unique to their app, and that is not available on other platforms. This can give their app a competitive edge, and make it stand out from the crowd.

@smallville7123 

How does MAUI handle cross-platform gesture recognition? MAUI is a cross-platform gesture recognition library that allows developers to create gesture-based interactions in their apps. It supports both iOS and Android and allows developers to create interactions that work on both platforms simultaneously. One of the benefits of using MAUI is that it allows developers to create gestures that are specific to their app. For example, a developer could create a gesture that is unique to their app, and that is not available on other platforms. This can give their app a competitive edge, and make it stand out from the crowd.