After initially creating the Healthbot, I added a scenario and it worked just fine locally. I had written some code in order to use the webchat within an iFrame and that is when the problems started showing up.
I could not find a way to include the scenario into the existing Bot. This was despite the fact that there was a 'claim' utterance in the help section (my scenario was file a claim) which didn't work:
Whenever I typed help -> claim, it showed "Sorry i don't understand". To fix this problem, I set file a claim as the scenario the bot starts out with - this had its own set of problems.
Again, this works fine when I run the scenario manually but in the complete webchat, it shows the first step and then an "I don't understand".