Network metrics on VM

Copper Contributor

Hello!

I'm looking at my VM's metrics (Monitoring->Metrics), and wodening what is the difference between below ones:

ukash_0-1607348657154.png

Netwokr in (billable) vs Netwokr in total, and the same question about network out.

I know it's a network traffic, but does this traffic include any internal (within vnet) traffic, backup, etc?

Thanks for info!

Best Regards,

Luk

4 Replies
Network billable metric is deprecated and you shouldn't use it in your analysis. You'd need to use Total Network In/Out instead!

Hope this helps!

@HusseinAwad 

Thanks for the answer but it's totaly unrelated to my questions.  still don't know what kind of traffic is included in those metrics.

@ukash 

Azure Monitor supported metrics by resource type - Azure Monitor | Microsoft Docs   its "bytes" for Network In/out Total - all bytes regardless.

From the link above:

"The number of bytes received on all network interfaces by the Virtual Machine(s) ..."

@ukash 

Hi 

You can find for each diagnostic setting metric the description  

Azure Monitor supported metrics by resource type - Azure Monitor | Microsoft Docs

Network In Billable (Deprecated)The number of billable bytes received on all network interfaces by the Virtual Machine(s) (Incoming Traffic) (Deprecated)
Network In TotalThe number of bytes received on all network interfaces by the Virtual Machine(s) (Incoming Traffic)
Network Out Billable (Deprecated)The number of billable bytes out on all network interfaces by the Virtual Machine(s) (Outgoing Traffic) (Deprecated)
Network Out TotalThe number of bytes out on all network interfaces by the Virtual Machine(s) (Outgoing Traffic)