SOLVED

Microsoft Build: Azure AI Challenge and Azure OpenAI license

Copper Contributor
In Summary:
Several modules is Microsoft Build: Azure AI Challenge are related to Azure OpenAI Service and they require a license which cannot be obtained for a non-corporate email. Is there some kind of limited "educational" license that allows completing the learning modules?

Details:
The challenge is Microsoft Build: Azure AI Challenge and an example module is Develop AI solutions with Azure OpenAI. There, in the 2nd unit, it says:
> The first step in building a generative AI solution with Azure OpenAI is to provision an Azure OpenAI resource in your Azure subscription. Azure OpenAI Service is currently in limited access. Users need to apply for service access at https://aka.ms/oai/access

Unfortunately the license requesting page says - in red - that "Applications submitted with a personal email address (e.g. gmail.com, hotmail.com, outlook.com, etc.) will be DENIED." and it requires your company's details.

1 Reply
best response confirmed by tymtam (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi @tymtam,

Thank you for bringing this concern to our attention regarding the Microsoft Build: Azure AI Challenge and the requirements for obtaining a license for Azure OpenAI Service.

I understand that the current limitation of requiring a corporate email for license applications can be a hindrance for individuals who are looking to complete the learning modules with a non-corporate email.

While there isn't a specific "educational" license available for completing the learning modules, I can provide some alternative suggestions.

Firstly, I recommend reaching out to the Microsoft Azure support team or the Azure OpenAI Service team directly to inquire about any potential options or workarounds for individuals without a corporate email address. They may be able to assist you further and provide guidance tailored to your situation.

Additionally, you can explore the Azure for Students program, which offers free access to various Azure services for eligible students.

Although the Azure OpenAI Service might not be included in this program, it's worth checking to see if there are any other resources or services that could be beneficial for your learning journey.

Microsoft continually strives to enhance the accessibility and inclusivity of its offerings, so your feedback is valuable. I will ensure that your concern regarding the license requirements for Azure OpenAI Service is forwarded to the appropriate team for consideration in future updates.

If you have any further questions or need assistance with any other Azure-related topics, please feel free to ask. Happy learning!

Best regards,
@ow6nmusk 

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by tymtam (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi @tymtam,

Thank you for bringing this concern to our attention regarding the Microsoft Build: Azure AI Challenge and the requirements for obtaining a license for Azure OpenAI Service.

I understand that the current limitation of requiring a corporate email for license applications can be a hindrance for individuals who are looking to complete the learning modules with a non-corporate email.

While there isn't a specific "educational" license available for completing the learning modules, I can provide some alternative suggestions.

Firstly, I recommend reaching out to the Microsoft Azure support team or the Azure OpenAI Service team directly to inquire about any potential options or workarounds for individuals without a corporate email address. They may be able to assist you further and provide guidance tailored to your situation.

Additionally, you can explore the Azure for Students program, which offers free access to various Azure services for eligible students.

Although the Azure OpenAI Service might not be included in this program, it's worth checking to see if there are any other resources or services that could be beneficial for your learning journey.

Microsoft continually strives to enhance the accessibility and inclusivity of its offerings, so your feedback is valuable. I will ensure that your concern regarding the license requirements for Azure OpenAI Service is forwarded to the appropriate team for consideration in future updates.

If you have any further questions or need assistance with any other Azure-related topics, please feel free to ask. Happy learning!

Best regards,
@ow6nmusk 

View solution in original post