SOLVED

Your message is larger than the size limit for messages

Brass Contributor

Hi

one of my internal user has sent an attachment to other internal user.
the user says that he sent only 5MB attachment and it has failed. he received below message

Delivery has failed to these recipients or groups:
myuser@mydomain.com
Your message is larger than the size limit for messages. Please make it smaller and try sending it again.

how do i trace how much size did the user sent to other user.

With the below command i did check for both the users its 25 MB

PS C:\Windows\system32> get-mailbox myuser@mydomain.com |ft Name, Maxsendsize, maxreceivesize

Name MaxSendSize MaxReceiveSize
---- ----------- --------------
My User 25 MB 25 MB

experts plz guide me, one user is on premises other is online.
Do i need to check send/receive connectors.
Please advice

11 Replies

Check your send connector going to Exchange online its probably set to 10 MB

The users attachment is only 5MB.

do you trust a user to give you the correct information vs the microsoft error message?

Hi Flight,
Please confirm that the attachment size & O365 admin settings. if that attachment size is more than a limit as Microsoft defined. you have to compress the file or use any other source to transfer the media Like wetransfer etc
plz do refer the screenshot
best response confirmed by Rising Flight (Brass Contributor)
Solution

hi,

for temporary solution for this issue u can ask user to upload the file/document to oneDrive  share the link to the required people

mean while u can check o365 admin portal settings & also please check the file which user required to send through mail by sending to your mail address & cross verify.

hi,

for temporary solution for this issue u can ask user to upload the file/document to oneDrive  share the link to the required people

mean while u can check Office 365 admin portal settings & also please check the file which user required to send through mail by sending to your mail address & cross verify.

Hi,
Did issue is resolved??

Regards
Kiran

@Ravi kiran Hello, an employee got this message but had not attachments. Any Advice?

@Rising Flight 

Seems you are not talking about attachment but Email, please take a look at your connectors as well after the mailbox under Exchange Admin Center

If you have access to their Exchange Portal you can perform a message trace and that will give you information on the exact size of the e-mail that was sent.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Rising Flight (Brass Contributor)
Solution

hi,

mean while u can check o365 admin portal settings & also please check the file which user required to send through mail by sending to your mail address & cross verify.

View solution in original post