Usage activity reports delegation to non-admin accounts (or billing admin) possible?

Copper Contributor

As we are managing tenants for our customers, we would like to provide them access to Office 365 Usage Activity reports so they are able to improve adoption. Currently usage reports are only visible to Global -. Exchange -, Sharepoint - and Skype admins (*).

It would be nice if access to the usage activity reports could be delegated to the Billing Admin role for example.

*: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Activity-Reports-in-the-Office-365-admin-center-0d6dfb17-85...

Please vote for this feature request if you are facing the same issue at Office365 uservoice: Activity reports permissions not just for admins, but also for billing admins for example

4 Replies

"Reporting admin" role is in the works I believe. And since we are moving to Graph API based reports, you can provision an app with the "read all reports" permission or similar.

Hi Juan, thanks for your reply. I don;t have experience with PowerBI yet. But reading the article you provided worries me: "To instantiate the content pack, you have to be either a global administrator, Exchange administrator, Skype for Business administrator, or SharePoint administrator". Are you sure this can be used for non-admins? Kind regards and thanks in advance for your effort trying to help.

Now it is available to use the 'reports reader' to achieve this goal. Just a advice be aware that the user with this roles assigned can see the sign-in logs in AAD portal too.