Teams add in to work in outlook 2010

Copper Contributor

was trying to set up for the first time a user using outlook 2010 calendar to sync with ms team's meeting.

tried adding the add-in in outlook but for some reason it doesn't reflect as one of the add-ins being used.

6 Replies
Add-in requires modern authentication to work, so it will not work with Outlook 2010.

Hi @Chris Webb

According to the documentation the add-in should work with Office 2010:

The Teams Meeting add-in is automatically installed for users who have Microsoft Teams and either Office 2010, Office 2013 or Office 2016 installed on their Windows PC. Users will see the Teams Meeting add-in on the Outlook Calendar ribbon.

I'm currently testing with my customer without success :(

Is your customer on teams only upgrade mode? Modern authentication on in the tenant etc. ?
Also I guess my first thing would be does it work with a newer office logged in to the same person on a newer office build?

@Chris Webb , we tested with a different PC (also Outlook 2010) and the add-in loaded just fine.

Thanks for your replies!

Only thing I would think to check is office versions. Make sure it’s in latest SP etc. then log out of teams with outlook closed Making sure the outlook.exe is not running. Sign back in. Then load outlook.