Raising support requests

Iron Contributor

Not sure what is going on but with the admin centre now if you raise a service request I can only request that someone calls me.  Then aside from that I cannot raise a second request until that one has been closed.

Also the View Service requests just takes you back to the same screen and does not show any old requests or anything.

Very poor if they are now limiting a Global Admin to just 1 request at a time.

59 Replies

I raised a support request last Friday and missed the initial call. Now I just get emails every couple of days from an MS representative asking if I'm available, to which I reply yes, and then get no further contact. I cannot raise a new ticket. This is unuseable.

Anne, this does not work! 

Hi Susie,

Have you tried to call to support ?

Here you have the contact - https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Contact-Office-365-for-business-support-Admin-Help-32a17ca7...

Susie, please let us know if the information from Nuno has been helpful and if you have been able to get in touch with support.

Thanks,

Anne

Yes, but I don't want to place an international call because your advertised service is not working

It doesn't fix the issue. The service call functionality on the website is broken. It is not possible to raise additional calls. It is not possible to get a call from the engineer if you miss the very first call. I have now resolved the issue I needed support with, but please fix the functionality that is supposed to exist.

Whilst I totally agree that the current solution doesn't work as it should you can call the support number which is not an international number as per 

https://support.office.com/en-gb/article/Contact-Office-365-for-business-support-Admin-Help-32a17ca7...

Hopefully we can get the support system back to at least having history and raising multiple support calls.

I have managed to have some success with the current solution but for some reason I give a number to contact me on and they claim that it goes through to answer phone or doesn't connect when I have had no calls and have no issue with the phone number I give.

What are te country that you are calling ?

At that page you have a section "If your Office 365 support phone number isn't listed above, use the dropdown menu below to choose your country or region." to chose your local number.

That could help you.

How we are suppossed to work on a different issue for a different service? With the same engineer???

Hi Pablo, 

Our agents have breadth of knowledge in all services so you can work on issues for different services with the same support engineer.  If the issue is more complex, additional experts will be included to help solve your issue.  If you're having a different experience, please let us know.

Thanks,

Anne

I tried that some weeks ago and was told I would have to raise another support ticket.

I'm sorry but this is by far the biggest fiasco I have ever seen in IT Service Management -- ever.

No matter how much Microsoft might try to spin this new support portal into a positive light -- the ability to look at past incidents and open more than one at the same time should have been there FROM THE START.

Is like Microsoft looks for ways to upset and antagnise its customerbase on a daily basis.

For a short time?? It is still not possible to log multiple tickets.

HI @Anne Michels,

I agree that in many cases having a single person deal with multiple issues can be a good thing. 

I can imagine that having two issues where I don't realise that two issues are related. It would be good to have a single person taking ownership. Even if this person can't solve both problems for me as long as this person has access to the right people.

However,.... Isn't it likely that there are many cases where issues are obviously not related. For these cases it would be useful to be able to log multiple incidents.

I would expect that the best tactic now is to Open an issue called "All issues related to my company" and then keep adding issues. This will be helping neither the customer nor Microsoft.

A really sensible place for this url to be btw, would be on the Support Requests section of the Office 365 Admin/Home screens. 

24 hours after I made another post on this issue, I noticed that Microsoft added the ability to:

• Close/cancel an ongoing incident through the portal; and
  • Add notes for an ongoing incident through the portal.

We are still miles ahead -- but unless we voice our dissatisfaction in a 'bolder' way, I don't see MSFT budging.

Thanks for the feedback, Pedro. We're aware of the fact that there are still a few customers that might not be able to open multiple tickets and we're actively working on bringing this functionality back to them.

Can you please share with us what functionality you are missing or how we could further improve the support experience in your eyes? Really appreciate your feedback.

Thanks,

Anne

Hi @Anne Michels,

Basically I would like a support experience pretty much similar to what we got in Azure -- which is in fact what we used to get in O365 before. Improving the UX should never EVER be done in detriment to features.

Whe should:

• Be able to open new incidents regardless if there is another an ongoing one.
  • Be able to see the list of past incidents and look into their notes.

In addition:

• We should be able to raise or lower the sevirity of incidents.
  • Our SLA should not be breached because the concierge is out of the office. I would expect another engineer to follow up in such cases.

A complete review of my experience with the current support experience can be found here.

Hi Anne,

We also need the ability to log a proper support call. So much time is wasted talking to front line support regarding an issue that I can describe and screenshot in the text of the support request.

Also the last call I raised I typo'd my contact number, and then the call still had the wrong phone number 3 days later after talking to various support staff. I'd appreciate being able to log my contact details and hours of work somewhere so I didn't have this issue, or get calls at the weekend when I'm not working,

Thanks,

Susie

The other issue I think based on my current experience is that if you have an issue which is not reported by other users it is percieved to be a one off and therefore they are eager to close the ticket.

For example currently I have an issue which I reported on Friday whereby I am unable to run the Skype PSTN usage report (it errors), this is intermittent and proved not to be an issue with our local environment.  When on a call with the support team we spent a long time testing browsers, inprivate mode etc and then out of nowhere it started working.  I explained that it is good that it is working but will it remain working etc.

Low and behold they closed the ticket and then again on Monday it didn't work again so I had to raise a new ticket.  Again testing the browsers etc.  Wasting a lot of time.

From my opinion the first line are too eager to close the tickets rather than escalate if it is not a known issue and reported on service health.

Very frustratingly I have been told that if it is still the same the support tech will archive the ticket and pass it on to to another team meaning I have no updates or way of contacting other than opening a new ticket again...

Not productive at all and very frustrating.