SOLVED

Portal homepage problems with Safari

Iron Contributor

I am an administrator of Office 365 and use a Mac and Safari.

I have always problems to use this browser. I prefer use this and not other browsers for some other reasons.

Why the Office 365 website is not full compatible with Safari on Mac?

No restrictions on information and guide about Office 365 but pratically it give me more, more problems.

18 Replies
best response confirmed by Vincenzo Annunziata (Iron Contributor)
Solution

Thanks for taking the time to share this feedback, Vincenzo. I've shared it with our engineering team for them to look into it.

Thanks,

Anne

we are now writing 2018 and there I still a problem with using Safari browser in the admin portal.

It works with every other feature just not the Teams & Skype admin portal.  When opening that it Safari the page just tries to open but never opens. In Firefox, Chrome and of course in Microsoft Edge it works.

Please make available to Apple Safari users as this is just as important for MacOS users as Microsoft Edge is for Microsoft users.

uhm... not only Teams & Skype admin portal...

other menu too... and other links... 

it's not full compatible... don't worry, this is Microsoft!

Starting in to 2019, any updates on this?

It seems to be working better. The various functions I used with problems are now OK.

Did you do anything on your side to improve performance? What is strange is I have two machines, one desktop and one laptop, both running 10.14.2. The laptop doesn't have issues but the desktop won't access the Teams and Skype Admin portal. I've tried clearing the cache and that doesn't help at all.

Forgot to add, using Firefox solves the problem for me, but obviously creates other issues since Firefox is not my preferred browser for anything else I do.

NO, the panel for Teams and Skype NOT work!!!!

Me too.

Besides, this is also happens using Azure Portal. Microsoft does not like Safari....

@Anne Michels 

It's the same for me I want to admin my Office 365 by SAFARI on Mac and I can't go to admin teams page.

@Alain_GAUTIER Now it's working 

Safari, version 12.1 

@Vincenzo AnnunziataNot working.

I get this message

2019-04-02_0939.png

I've added the portal to the security but still I get this....so it's still not working with Safari 12.1 But it is working with Firefox.

@Lars Freisig 

On my Mac on SAFARI, in private mode it does not work, but in normal mode yes. I put the following update : Mojave 10.14.4 and Safari 12.1

@Alain_GAUTIER 

I found the issue.

By default Safari has Website tracking prevented. If you remove the tick in the box "Prevent cross-site tracking" then it works.

2019-04-02_1001.png

Now mine is working also.

Thank you for the tip!

in the safari settings unckech the following

clipboard_image_0.png

and make sure to quit and restart safari

@Vincenzo Annunziata 

@Rafael_Diaz It seems working better. Thanks

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Vincenzo Annunziata (Iron Contributor)
Solution

Thanks for taking the time to share this feedback, Vincenzo. I've shared it with our engineering team for them to look into it.

Thanks,

Anne

View solution in original post