OWA gets disabled from Office 365 admin center but enabled automatically.

Copper Contributor

I am facing issue in OWA below are the scenario.

1. OWA gets disabled from Office 365 admin center but enabled automatically.
  2. OWA gets disabled from Exchange admin center permanently.
  3. From both Office 365 and Exchange Admin center same command runs to disable OWA.
  4. Is there any bug/issue with our IDs or tenant.
  5. If disable OWA 2nd time, will it enable again automatically.
7 Replies

Not sure I understand you correctly, but in general you should be performing this via the Exchange Admin Center or PowerShell. The O365 portal is still a hot mess and has a lots of issues, especially when it comes to integration with the other workloads. The preview portal is better in this regard, however it still lacks some functionalities...

Thanks for the reply.

Actually issue is when we disabled the OWA from Office 365 admin center it automatically enabled after some time how it will be possible ?

But it we disabled from Exchange Admin Center then it work properly.

It's simply a bug in the O365 portal, use the EAC or PowerShell.

So I was testing this today, and I don't seem to be able to reproduce it either with the old or the new portal. Are you certain you don't have any automated process/script that re-enables the user?

Yes @Vasil Michev  we don't have any background script etc. I think Exchange admin center or poweshell is the best option, we cannot rely on portal.

Yes  we don't have any background script etc. I think Exchange admin center or poweshell is the best option, we cannot rely on portal.

Well it's been over a day now since I did the test, and the setting hasn't reverted back. This doesn't exclude the possibility that there is an issue with your admin center, but I simply cannot reproduce it in my tenant. Anyway, if you can reliably reproduce it, open a support case or use the Feedback button in the portal.