SOLVED

O365 Group Mailbox Reports?

Iron Contributor

Hey guys, a few questions;

In the Admin Centre, Reports section, when you choose Office365 usage and select 30, 90 or 180 days, does a name without any data/date listed for any O365 product identify an inactive account for the day period selected?

The default Azure token lifetime is 90 days i believe, so a regular user who checks email multiple times per day, but only uses email connected to mobile can appear to have NO activity for up to 90 days, at which point they should be forced to sign in again, correct?

Do the 30, 90 and 180 day periods mean "in the last n days" or something else?

3 Replies
best response confirmed by AndrewX (Iron Contributor)
Solution

The default token lifetime is unlimited, and has been like that for at least an year. But the report in question doesn't represents "login" activity, but actions taken by the user for a given workload. 

Hi @Vasil Michev i really appreciate the clarification on the reports not representing login activity, and therefore not an accurate representation of user inactivity.

Regarding token lifetimes, i am very confused and cannot seem to find a documented source of truth.  I have seen this page https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/develop/active-directory-configurable-token-..., is this the page you are referring to?

That's being replaced now, see the note on top of the article.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by AndrewX (Iron Contributor)
Solution

The default token lifetime is unlimited, and has been like that for at least an year. But the report in question doesn't represents "login" activity, but actions taken by the user for a given workload. 

View solution in original post