Need assistance creating Dynamic Distro Groups - Exchange - Office365

Copper Contributor

I need to create 100 new Dynamic Distro Groups. And, I'm a bit unsure of what my current .ps script will do.

Include all 50 states including three Custom Attributes:

• Custom Attribute1: users state - AL
  • Custom Attribute2: users active status - true or false
  • Custom Attribute3: user workerSubType - Regular or Contingent

Current draft:

New-DynamicDistributionGroup -Name "_All Florida Employees" -DisplayName "_All Florida Employees" -RecipientFilter "(RecipientType -eq 'UserMailbox')" -PrimarySmtpAddress "Email address removed"
-ConditionalCustomAttribute3 "FL" -ConditionalCustomAttribute7 "true" -ConditionalCustomAttribute8 "Regular"

I'd greatly appreciate any guidance I can get and what needs to change before I kick this off.

Thank you
2 Replies
As the documentation explains, you can't use any Conditional parameters in combination with the RecipientFilter one. So best combine all of the required checks within the recipient filter. Something like:

New-DynamicDistributionGroup -Name "_All Florida Employees" -DisplayName "_All Florida Employees" -RecipientFilter "((RecipientType -eq 'UserMailbox') -and (CustomAttribute3 -eq "FL") -and (CustomAttribute7 -eq "true") -and (CustomAttribute8 -eq "Regular")) -PrimarySmtpAddress "Email address removed"

@Vasil Michev I should have responded to this post two days ago. But I was able to figure it out. I appreciate the explanation.