SOLVED

Multifactor page doenst show users and i cant disable or manage any options. App passwords broken to

Copper Contributor

We are using Office365 for Business and i've enabled mfa for our employees yesterday. It worked fine for the first hour, but after a while some of the MFA pages in my admin panel or the users account stopped working.

We can set-up 2factor, but we cant create any new 'App passwords'.

https://account.activedirectory.windowsazure.com/AppPasswords.aspx

On this page we get a hard error inside the browser:

Correlation-id:
WEU#ea857e13-a859-4935-be0b-4a0c4e5f17a8
Errorcode:

When we try to disable mfa, the users arent listing on the following page:

https://account.activedirectory.windowsazure.com/UserManagement/MultifactorVerification.aspx

The users arent listing and we cant modify any settings.

The problem we are having is that we cant generate App Passwords, which we need for Outlook and we cant disable mfa because of the users not listing in the admin center where we should be able to change mfa settings per user.

Is there something going on with this part of Azure or am i doing something wrong?

8 Replies

Which browser are you using?

Have you tried with other browsers?

Hi thanks for your reply :)

I have tried firefox, chrome and edge so far. All the same error.

Time to open a ticket with support, I am afraid...

The MFA portal seems to work fine here, so it might have been a temporary issue. If it persists, go with @Salvatore's advise and open a support ticket.

I just wanted to add that Outlook does not require app passwords anymore, just make sure you are using a recent version (2013 SP1+). And, that app passwords are bad, and you should not use them :)

best response confirmed by Michiel Vervaart (Copper Contributor)
Solution

I opened a support ticket 2 days ago aswell, and their answer was that the problem still exists, but only in the Dutch version. So i changed my profile to English UK and the App Passwords page works again.

Hi Vasil,

All my users were already using Outlook 2016 before we enabled MFA. Their own passwords dont work anymore (Outlook and their Mobile phones started needing a new password), but App Passwords do work. What do you advice to stop using App Passwords then?

Have you enabled Modern authentication in Exchange Online? Outlook does support MFA now, you don't have to use those **bleep** app passwords, but make sure it's all enabled on the server *and* client side.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Michiel Vervaart (Copper Contributor)
Solution

I opened a support ticket 2 days ago aswell, and their answer was that the problem still exists, but only in the Dutch version. So i changed my profile to English UK and the App Passwords page works again.

View solution in original post