Login problems, continuously getting the same message

New Contributor

Every time i login on an app i get the same message: "More information required" "Your organization needs more information to keep you account secure".

Then i have the options to Use a different account or Learn more. I can just press Next and the message goes away.

1.jpg

After that i get another message: "Keep your account secure" "Your organization requires you to set up the following methods of proving who you are."

Below that, there is a message: "Success!" "Great job! You have successfully set up your security info. Choose "Done" to continu signing in". "Default sign-in method:"

2.jpg

When i press done, the message goes away. But i keep getting the 2 messages every time i change an app or even a menu option. So to be clear, this happens every time i switch apps. I.e. from Exchange to Azure, to Outlook. When i press "Next" and "Done" i get access to the app. But this is really annoying.

What am i doing wrong? I'm the admin of a small company, and i cannot figure out what setting i changed or need to change. The property "Enable Security Defaults" is already set to no.

5 Replies

@MHuberts 

I have the EXACT same issue with a customer of mine.  This is occurring for 2 users in a new tenant I setup but NOT to my admin account.  I have been holding off enabling MFA for the other users until this issue is resolved.  Were you able to get it fixed in 2021?  :)

Thanks!

@BClinton13 No, unfortunately not. I'm still getting this message every time I sign in.

@MHuberts Roger that.  I am actively trying to solve this so if I find the answer I will post here.  Thanks for letting me know.

@MHuberts, I have been working with my CSP and they had me turn off Self-Service Password Reset (Set to NONE). Oddly enough, this resolved the issue for one of my two users (after waiting 30 minutes). I am waiting to hear back from the other before I confirm 100% success. After they both report in that all is well, I am going to attempt to re-enable it and see if it re-breaks or stays fixed. Will update when I know.

Here are the instructions on enabling/disabling SSPR: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/admin/add-users/let-users-reset-passwords?view=o365-w...
@BClinton13, it looks like this is working. Thanks! This is going to save me a lot of frustration.