EXO V2 V3 Add-MailboxPermission no longer works

Copper Contributor

Add-MailboxPermission now returns The term 'Add-MailboxPermission' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again.

I have V2 (2.0.6) and V3 (latest) and connected to EXO.  Get-MailboxPermission works, just not Add-MailboxPermission which is required as part of https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/exchange/client-developer/legacy-protocols/how-to-authenticate-an-... 

This used to work before October 1st...

Any ideas?

2 Replies

and for no obvious reason, it now started to work again w/o me doing anything.

I did open an MS ticket and they called me while I was out... so I guess they could have done something on their end. I've asked them if they did and will post their reply.

Microsoft said it was due to an 'outage' and that they had not done anything on their side!

Thanks for working with Microsoft 365 Support today. I’m including a summary of your support request #33332245. Please let me know if I misunderstood anything or if you have any additional information.

As we agreed, I’ll go ahead and close this support request. If you have concerns within this issue scope, please reopen it within the next 7 days through portal.office.com

Issue description:Add-MailboxPermission no longer works