SOLVED

Change user photo in O365 Admin Center

Copper Contributor

This is such a low priority thing but it just keeps annoying me. SMB here and we usually add a user photo after account creation. Has worked fine so far going to Active Users, select account, click Change Photo, upload and save. My last one however does not have that "Change Photo" option and I can't for the life of me figure out why. It's a standard user account, same licensing as half our other users, created the same way, can't see anything different about it. 

Again, super non-important functional wise but it's making my eye twitch not figuring this out. Any help appreciated!

nochangephoto.pngchangephoto.png

1 Reply
best response confirmed by PriscillaP (Copper Contributor)
Solution

The Change photo option in the portal seems to be tied to the presence of a mailbox for the corresponding user account. I know that Microsoft is in the process of making some changes around handling photos, but I'm not sure whether this is the expected behavior. Best open a support case.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by PriscillaP (Copper Contributor)
Solution

The Change photo option in the portal seems to be tied to the presence of a mailbox for the corresponding user account. I know that Microsoft is in the process of making some changes around handling photos, but I'm not sure whether this is the expected behavior. Best open a support case.

View solution in original post