Alternate E-mail Address receives e-mail Primary Doesn't

Bronze Contributor

I have an Admin account that is setup within Office 365. Within that Account I've put my home e-mail address as an Alternate in case of password resets (at least that's what the settings page says it will be used for).

Last Friday I received an e-mail to my Alternate with a Subject of:

• Microsoft Intune admins please read: remove exclude groups

This morning when I got to work I checked my Admin account and it didn't receive any such e-mail.

Can Microsoft please be certain that only Admin accounts, and not Alternate e-mails, receive service related messages?

2 Replies

Check your Junk folder just in case, or do a message trace. I haven't bothered to actually check if all my email accounts are receiving notifications as I get more than enough already, but it doesnt look like something Microsoft would do on purpose.

@Vasil Michev wrote:

Check your Junk folder just in case, or do a message trace. I haven't bothered to actually check if all my email accounts are receiving notifications as I get more than enough already, but it doesnt look like something Microsoft would do on purpose.

Nothing for the Admin account.

Well, some system somewhere has to be setup to e-mail Alternate e-mail addresses instead of the main e-mail address, so yes, something Microsoft is doing as I don't have a Forward or any Rule setup to send the e-mail to the Alternate address.