Allow limited access in Sharepoint 365 online sticks. Limited Access option not applied.

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I am trying to configure Sharepoint Online and Onedrive for Business to allow unmanaged devices to see the online portal but only view and edit it in the portal. The download or 'saving-as' in the unmanaged devices are not allowed.

I have followed the articles posted online.

https://cloudblogs.microsoft.com/enterprisemobility/2017/03/09/conditional-access-limited-access-pol...

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Control-access-from-unmanaged-devices-5ae550c4-bd20-4257-84...

But when i get to tick the checkbox for Sharepoint online Admin Center to Allow Limited Access only, the setting does not get saved. Ever time i revisit the page it still is unchecked. Am I missing something?

Is there any way I can check if our release version already has this feature?

5 Replies

This feature is basically a conditional access policy, so you can configure it from the Azure AD blade in case the SPO portal doesn't "stick" the changes.

Hi Vasil,
Thank you for replying. The 2 conditional access policy for web and client devices were already there. Basically i followed everything conditional access policy wise as what is written in articles you can find online. It's just that the sharepoint online settings under Access Control is not applying. I believe first release tenants should have this feature already but I'm not sure if we already got it.

Any other suggestions?

If you can reliably reproduce it simply open a support case and have them escalate it.

I was able to resolve this. The 'First Release' option has to be set to 'Everyone'. Before, I chose a few people involved in the testing (under first release) but the update never got through hence the predicament that we had. 

Right now everything is working as it should. 

This is a problem for us. Its April 2018 and conditional access still not showing up in SharePoint admin center.

My security team does not have the appetite to enable first release for everyone therefore we can't see any of those options. 

what can we do?