VBA Issues with Access build 2202 linking Excel (Note: it works with build 2112)

Copper Contributor

I have an Access DB that has migrated across various Windows versions from XP through to current build. All updates have worked so far, however I've stumbled across "ANOTHER" issue when our lovely Microsoft overlords implement changes specifically with build 2202:

My programs Intended purpose: My Access database works by opening a dialogue box. It allows users to select an excel file.

The database then imports/links 2 x workbooks (labelling data and customer dose data). I can then use the linked data to generate required shipping documents.

Note: The system works fine on build 2112, however for build 2202 they seem to have changed 32bit support. effecting the following code (Marked in red when I opened the editor):

Private Declare Sub PathStripPath Lib "shlwapi.dll" Alias "PathStripPathA" (ByVal pszPath As String)
Private Declare Function GetOpenFileName Lib "comdlg32.dll" Alias _
"GetOpenFileNameA" (pOpenfilename As OPENFILENAME) As Long

Initial correct to VBA was to add "Ptrsafe" within function list, however now NO error appears, but NO dialogue box opens to progress to next phase.

Also as if not complicated enough this actual code was based in french and my knowledge base has been only to copy/paste the code to make work...

1 Reply
Hello,

I believe I found the same problem after the update.

I have a workbook that works with VBA and access an external workbook stored in Sharepoint. Several people use this workbook and we are having random errors with those kind of macros after updating the office package. We tried to replace the file in sharepoint and it works for a while, but then it crashes again.