The input mask wizard

Copper Contributor

I use the access 2016 professional enhanced version that comes with my computer. But when i want to set predefined input mask Wizard,found that the generator is not working properly.I've tried all kinds of data types.Is it the result of software version?

7 Replies

@trible_ice 

"...when i want to set predefined input mask Wizard,found that the generator is not working properly."

Perhaps you can help us help you by being more specific.

What, exactly, did you try?  

What, exactly, was the result? 

How did the result differ from your expectations?

I want to set the properties of the field. When the input mask is selected, there is no predefined option button on the right side of the input box, and the generator is also gray. I tried to switch other data types, such as date, currency, number, text, etc., and found that they were all the above results.The default value, format and verification in the attribute can call the generator, but only the input mask can't.

@trible_ice 

I guess you are talking about the input mask on a field in a table, then? And the input mask Wizard is disabled?

I assume you have a local Access table where you are trying to accomplish this?

yes,just like you said.

@trible_ice 

It is not something I've encountered. Can you try repairing Access? And if that doesn't correct it, reinstall Office? 

It seems that it can't be repaired.It's better to reinstall. After all, there's nothing that can't be solved by reinstallation.Thank you for your advice.

@trible_ice We certainly hope a reinstall can correct the problem.