Rating system problem

Copper Contributor

To start out with, this form is used to rate things using a five-star method. I have a combo box that a user can select a category on which they wish to rate the transaction on. Once they select one and decide to add it, I have VBA that adds that selected category to the database and requeries a subform. The subform is linked to the overall record. The entry is listed in the subform and has 5 empty stars and the user can click on the star and it, as well as the previous stars, get replaced with a filled star. The images are merely placeholders and the actual rating, 1 to 5, is stored as an integer. Everything works to this point.

My issue is, when the user tries to select a star, all the ratings for all the other categories are also mirrored. I am sure it is something very simple I am overlooking but I just can't put my finger on the issue. As the 5 placeholders are individually named but duplicated for each record, my code does not know specifically which entry it should stick to.

Can anyone help me on this; point me to a tutorial online or help anything to help rattle my brain

My continuous form looks like :

rating system1.png

This is subform in the actual form with the Rating category combobox. The Overall Rating works like it should.

rating system3.png

Any help and guidance is greatly appriciated

0 Replies