SOLVED

Protect access database across network

Copper Contributor
Hi, I have an access file db (back end) shared across a Lan network, I want to make it unreadable, undeletable, and unwritable from any pc on the network except using a ui (front end) access file that I put it in network PCs (or using the main admin PC). How can I do that?
1 Reply
best response confirmed by Yassirmosawi (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Yassirmosawi 

Unfortunately, this is easier said than done. Access is simply not that secure. I hesitate to go into detail here because so much has already been written and there's a lot of reference materials you can use. Here's one of the more comprehensive. Start here and continue your research with other, similar sites.

In fact, if you are that concerned about the security of your data, you'd be well advised to look into a different database engine, like SQL Server, which CAN be made much more secure. 

Good luck with your search.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Yassirmosawi (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Yassirmosawi 

Unfortunately, this is easier said than done. Access is simply not that secure. I hesitate to go into detail here because so much has already been written and there's a lot of reference materials you can use. Here's one of the more comprehensive. Start here and continue your research with other, similar sites.

In fact, if you are that concerned about the security of your data, you'd be well advised to look into a different database engine, like SQL Server, which CAN be made much more secure. 

Good luck with your search.

View solution in original post